Our Paddle payment gateway for Easy Digital Downloads allows processing Credit Card and PayPal and ApplePay payments as well as Wire Transfers (ACH/SEPA/BACS) in your WordPress site.
Paddle.com allow businesses to focus on selling their digital products online without tearing out their hair dealing with taxes, payment gateways, the website itself, and break the bank on accounting costs.
Why Use Paddle
- Fast Setup – Accept your first payment in under 5 minutes.
- Delegate taxes and VAT – Automatically handle the calculation, collection and remittance of taxes in every single country on your behalf. You don’t need to do anything.
- Support for payments in wide range of currencies.
- No dealing with invoices – Paddle acts as merchant of record. On the paper, they sell your product, so they are responsible for sending the invoices to buyers.
- Beautiful and seamless checkout – Customers checkout and pay directly on your website in a way that you control from beginning to end. The easier and faster it is for the users to complete the purchase, the better your conversion rates will be. You can see on this page how the Paddle popup checkout experience looks like – simple and efficient.
- Prevent fraud using their algorithms to flag suspicious transactions, and help you fight chargebacks.
- Accepts major credit cards / debit cards – Including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diner’s Club.
- PayPal / Wire Transfers.
- Low processing fee: 5% + $0.50 per sale.
Features of Our Paddle Payment Gateway
- EDD “Buy Now” buttons support – Skip account creation. Every additional page or step in the payment process is proven to decrease conversions. Have Paddle modern checkout experience create a user account behind the scenes, rather than making it a requirement for purchase. The result is huge increase in sales.
- Support for recurring/subscription payments – Recurring payments are the future of running a sustainable business. You can enjoy all the benefits of the recurring revenue stream using our Paddle gateway combine with EDD recurring payment add-on. We also boast support for free trials and coupons.
- Support for one-time payments – one-time payments are the standard way of selling various digital products: games, audio, video files and e-books.
- Support for software licensing – Issuing licenses and checking their validity is easy. EDD has a popular add-on for this which is fully supported by our Paddle gateway.
- Invoice Generation – Paddle generate invoices for every payment. We include a link to view and download the invoice in EDD view order and purchase confirmation pages.
- EDD cart & checkout Support – EDD allows you to create more standard shop (or even a marketplace) where users can add items to your cart and then complete the purchase via Paddle Checkout.
- Easy to set up. No tearing out of hair.
- Redirection to “Thank you page” after payment.
Want to See a Live Demo?
We use it on this site to sell the plugin. Although not the buy now checkout style.
Posterno plugin uses the Buy Now checkout for selling its extensions.
MailOptin uses it to sell its plugin.